Thursday, August 17, 2006

End of blogging holiday

Although I did break into the blogging holiday with the odd post here and there, the blogging holiday has now officially ended and normal service should be resumed fairly soon, though the email mountain makes that less likely than it might otherwise be. We arrived back from England late on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning, after something like 22 hours of travelling, with plenty of searches and queues and delays (I even had a pen confiscated). When we finally made it back to Raleigh-Durham airport, our luggage had not made it with us, including our house key, so we had to wake up the neighbour to get our spare key in order to get in. Viola has already blogged some of our trip on The Americanization of Emily, with several more posts to come in the coming days. It's good to be back. This will be my first full academic year at Duke (I arrived here at the end of September last year, and academic years run from the end of August) and I am looking forward to the teaching; I have some research projects I am excited about too, and hope to fit in some NT Gateway and NT Gateway blogging too.

6 comments:

Chris Weimer said...

Welcome back, Mark. You've got a lot of catching up to do round the blogosphere. Glad you could return.

Chris

Matt Page said...

Yeah good to have you back Mark

Matt

Michael Pahl said...

Mark, I'm glad you made it back through all the chaos. I hope your luggage arrives soon, if not your pen. :-)

David Ker said...

Glad you're safely home. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Whit+ said...

Welcome back! Glad y'all had a safe trip.

crystal said...

Glad you're back to blogging :-)