Thursday, August 31, 2006

British New Testament Conference 2006

On Paleojudaica, Jim Davila reminds us that the British New Testament Conference 2006 gets underway this afternoon in Sheffield. In fact, people are probably saying their hellos over drinking tea as I write, perusing the book display and looking forward to dinner tonight followed by the main paper, Prof. Graham Stanton on ‘Messianism and Christology: Mark, Matthew and Luke’. That's a paper I'd love to hear.

This will be the first BNTC I have missed in almost a decade. I'm actually quite sad about that because it is such an enjoyable conference and I look forward to meeting old friends. I was secretary of the society for three years, and webmaster for longer. Now Bridget Gilfillan-Upton is doing a superb job as secretary and the website is looking great under my former doctoral student Catherine Smith's control.

You can see the conference programme here (PDF) with more details on all the seminars (including some papers and lots of abstracts) here and short papers here.

Update (Friday, 8.49): I am really touched by this comment on Paleojudaica.

No comments: