Monday, September 08, 2003

Perrin and Shedinger

There have been one or two other reviews of Perrin's Thomas and Tatian on-line, Robert Shedinger in the Review of Biblical Literature and Paul-Hubert Poirier in Hugoye.

Speaking of Shedinger and Hugoye, have a look at William Peterson's Review of Shedinger, Tatian and the Jewish Scriptures if you haven't done so already. I don't recall ever having seen so damning a review. I haven't read Shedinger myself, so can't judge for myself, but this review is utterly devastating. I wonder if Shedinger is planning a response? I think that if I got a review like that, I'd be ready to pack up the academic life and start again. Wow. For a response to Peterson on another topic, see Kent Clarke's Rebuttal to William L. Petersen . . . also in the recent TC.

No comments: